Cedar Grove Respiratory and Nursing
Cedar Grove Respiratory and Nursing -
Cedar Grove Respiratory and Nursing is searching for a Unit Clerk...
Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to provide clerical support at the nurse's station. Clerical support includes telephone communications, typing, data entry, scheduling of resident appointments/transport and requisition of medical supplies from Central Supply. The ideal candidate has experience with medical terminology, must be able to read write and understand the English language and preferably has experience in a long term care environment.
- Delivers new admission chart to the Unit and initiates forms in preparation for admission;
- Delivers any faxed printouts to the appropriate department;
- Checks the supply closet near the nurse's station and requests re-stocks, as needed;
- Maintains an orderly and neat nurses' station;
- Screens all incoming phone calls for nursing and forwards messages;
- Schedules appointments with physicians for residents; relays the information to the nursing staff;
- Initiates any phone calls to the physician, family members or personnel;
- Inputs data to include: new admission information on the resident's face sheet (PCC), updates and revises resident's information daily;
- Notifies other departments of any applicable changes;
- Maintains a current bathing schedule on the bath record for Certified Nurse Aides;
- Greets visitors, guests, customers, etc. and provides information/directions in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Ensures that residents and their families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
- Prepares monthly nurse aide records, monthly summaries and files the previous month's nurse aide records/summaries, as needed;
- Delivers lab reports to the appropriate nursing Unit daily and as needed;
- Acts as Relief Receptionist when the Receptionist is on meal break, break, vacation, ill or on a planned absence;
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by Management.
- Must have strong organizational ability;
- Must be able to handle a variety of assignments, some of moderate complexity and requiring considerate familiarity with the operating details of the Center;
- Must be able to interpret and apply departmental procedures;
- Must be able to be courteous and tactful at all times;
- Must be able to be operate a computer (PointClickCare, Windows Office, etc.)
- Must demonstrate discretion in handling of confidential information (HIPAA).
- Works throughout the nursing service area (i.e., drug rooms, nurses stations, resident rooms, etc.).
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Communicates with nursing personnel and other Center personnel.
- At times, may be asked to work beyond scheduled working hours,
- May be required to work weekends and some holidays.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Participates in continuing educational programs.
- Must provide annual verification of a negative TB skin test.
- Low potential for injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- May be subject to exposure of infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Education: Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
License: None required
Benefits: PTO, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, (6) Paid Holidays, 401k (after a 90 day probationary period)
Cedar Grove Respiratory & Nursing Center providing care and attention, one resident at a time.