Are you the Fleet Technician we re looking for at First Transit?
If you're a highly skilled mechanic with a strong sense of personal responsibility, a dedication to excellence, and a truly positive attitude who's looking to make a difference in your community, you might be.
We re Proud to Offer You:
- $25/HR Starting wage based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- $3000 Sign On Bonus!*
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid time off
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
As a First Transit Mechanic, You ll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis, and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
You ll Need to Have:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Previous gasoline or diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be able to obtain while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
Who Are We?
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, & Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Don t Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
*Conditions apply. See location for details. Expires 12/30/20.