Greenwood Country Tearoom
Come work for a family owned restaurant that has consistently earned an outstanding rating from the Jackson County Health Department. Our customers patronize our restaurants repeatedly due to excellent customer satisfaction and our commitment to exceptional service standards. We hold ourselves to a high standard not just with our customers but also with our staff. As a cook in our kitchen, you will be given thorough training and receive all the support you need to be an effective and satisfied employee. We treat each employee like a family member. We believe that happy workers make happy customers, and our ongoing customer satisfaction reflects this commitment to a comfortable and supportive workplace. Join us to begin your career at a company that really cares.
- Prepare food for guests while following guidelines laid out in quality control standards and state and local regulations.
- Fulfill guest orders in a timely manner while adhering to best practices and careful preparation of food items.
- Keep your work area clean and free of unsanitary items and objects; properly dispose of waste in appropriate receptacles.
- Remain knowledgeable about the restaurant menu and make accommodations on individual orders as requested by guests.
- Work alongside other team members to ensure streamlined service and a commitment to work together to achieve company goals.
- Ensure that food area stocked and organized; alert manager of any inventory deficiencies, and keep inventory records.
- Resolve problems with wait staff, customer orders, or other food-related issues in the kitchen in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain utensils such as knives in safe and appropriate working condition as well as ensure that all utensils are clean before each use.
- Prepare large quantities of food for the day while following guidelines laid out in quality control standards and state and local regulations.
- Clean, sanitize and put away all dishes used throughout the day by serving staff and by kitchen staff.
Job Skills & Qualifications
' Minimum 18 years of age
' Verbal and written communication skills
' Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while standing for long periods of time
' Ability to use food preparation equipment, including knives and other sharp objects
' Ability to lift 50 lbs
' Jackson County Food Handlers Card
- At least one year of experience as a cook
- Willingness to work Saturdays and occasional Sundays