Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris and keeping areas neat and tidy. Includes, but is not limited to vacuuming/buffing floors, shampooing carpets, emptying trash, cleaning restrooms, etc.
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilets, mirrors, tables, chairs in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
- Mix and use various cleaning agents
- Replenish supplies in assigned areas
- Sweep, mop, vacuum
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to the Coordinator
- Perform services at assigned locations by applying acceptable custodial standards, Labor and Industry and OSHA standards.
- Comply with all safety policies/procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products/supplies and incident reporting.
- Monitor building security and safety by locking doors and checking electrical appliance use to ensure hazards are not created.
Good oral and written communication skills; attention to detail; ability to deal professionally and in a friendly manner with customers at assigned locations; ability to work successfully in a team environment; ability to be a self-starter doing what needs to be done without specific instructions; ability to solve practical problems.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: None
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma/GED preferred.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1 or more years of experience in the field.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver s license preferred. Reliable source of transportation required.