The Customer Service Associate is responsible for performing all cashiering, stocking, cleaning, and customer service duties in a manner that will develop good customer relations, build store sales, maximize profits, and protect store assets. Your goal is to provide all of our customers with a service level that exceeds their expectations. The Customer Service Associate supports the company goals by focusing on personal accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet customers as they enter the store, Be Friendly and Helpful, Provide Prompt, Courteous Service, and thank our Customers.
- Set an example to other associates for excellent customer service.
- Handle customer complaints professionally and respectfully.
- Maintain property and equipment to ensure customers have a safe and pleasant shopping environment.
- Maintain excellent customer service by cooperating and communicating professionally with other associates.
- Complete the computer based training with acceptable scores
- Promote teamwork and cooperation within the store
- Maintain a safe and professional work environment free from any form of harassment including sexual harassment, hostile work environment, and discrimination from any Circle K associate, customer or vendor. Report any infraction immediately
- Are properly dressed in authorized Circle K s uniform and meet personal appearance requirements
- Assist new applicants with the application process
- Attend job-related meetings (may be required to work irregular hours)
- Participate in training new associates
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Efficiently ring up all sales on a cash register properly and accurately, handle money, checks, and other types of payment received for products sold per process/policy
- Accurately make change by counting it back to the customer
- Correct or report unsafe working conditions to the Store Manager, and report any accidents immediately
- Efficiently perform multi-function operation of fuel console, money order machine and lottery machine
- Receive and verify vendor deliveries
- Efficiently operate additional store equipment a required
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits
- Clean and dust counters and shelves
- Stock merchandise on the shelves and fixture
- Stock the coolers and freezers
- Make coffee and maintain fountain product and equipment
- Sweep and mop the floors
- Clean and maintain the restrooms
- Empty the trash
- Sweep and/or hose down the parking lot
- Clean gasoline dispensers and gas islands
- Paint gas islands, curbs
- Stock windshield service centers
- Complete various other jobs as assigned by the store manager and/or assistant manager
- Assist in maintaining an acceptable mystery shop scores
- Follow daily gasoline procedures including accurate stick readings and spill procedures
- Follow all food service and food safety processes and procedures
- Follow all age restricted product including Alcohol and Tobacco selling procedures.
- Control merchandise, gasoline and cash shortages to acceptable levels.
- Accurately complete daily shift sheet paperwork.
- Follow Company Loss Prevention Procedures and Cash Handling Polices.
- Clock-in and Clock-out on the Ruby Register and Time Sheet on scheduled workdays.
- Perform shift audits.
This is not an exhaustive list of job duties and functions of this position. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.