For more than 40 years Peach State Truck Centers has grown into one of the largest commercial truck dealer groups in the United States. With unmatched customer service, value added solutions and dealerships conveniently located throughout Georgia and Alabama, we are here to serve you and all your commercial truck needs.
Peach State Trucks is currently looking for Service Technicians to work in our McDonough, Georgia location.
- Diagnoses and repairs various truck systems using hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Ensures that repairs are completed in a complete and accurate manner as per supervisor or work order instructions.
- Maintains correct time punches and work order processes.
- Maintains efficiency standards and attendance policy as required.
- Tags all parts as required and follows all warranty procedures set for the by each OEM
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges
- Keeps work area clean and free of debris.
- Follows safety procedures Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate required o Vocation Technical Certificate/Diploma in diesel engine repair preferred.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: o CDL License, ASE certification a plus, Freightliner certifications.
Knowledge/Basic Skills Required:
- Mechanical - Knowledge of diesel engines, and ancillary systems, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance and the use of the proper tools to facilitate the repair, and maintenance of engines and systems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Work Environment Physical Requirements:
- Be able to work in various environments indoors and out, in heat or cold
- Be able to stand, bend, sit, reach for long periods of time
- Be able to lift or move more than 50pds