Brookhaven at Lexington
We are seeking a Full Time First Cook to enrich our Dining Services team. Our three dining venues include a full-service dining room, bistro and a caf . We have a high-quality cook to order menu that emphasizes choice and quality. As a member of our Dining Services team you will provide quality service to our residents in a rewarding work environment.
Shifts: 40 hours, 5 days per week (including one weekend shift).
Flexibility on days and hours needed. Schedules range from 11:30 am-8:00 pm, 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm. No late nights!
First Cook Responsibilities:
- Uphold high quality menu options that meet and exceed resident expectations.
- Maintain commitment to excellence in carrying out production responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Chef and Production Manager, review menu cycles and check supplies needed for all meals and special events.
- Oversee production. Produce menu items according to recipe. Ensure consistent portion size, appropriate degree of doneness, quality/flavor, food temperature and presentation.
- Prepare baked goods and items needed for special events.
- Work with Sous Chef, Chef, Production Manager in supervising, receiving all goods and their proper storage.
- Practice hygienic food-handling, preparation and serving techniques.
- Supervise and maintain care of equipment using preventative maintenance techniques.
- Ensure that all prep work and products are lined up for upcoming production.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work area at all times using proper food handling and storage procedures.
- Oversee second cooks and dishwashers to ensure team is working together.
- Organize coolers daily ensuring all items are wrapped, labeled and dated.
- May act as lead cook in bistro preparing meals to order in a timely fashion.
- Complete food tracking worksheets when necessary.