DRS Daylight Solutions is a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS. Our mission at [DRS Daylight Solutions is to be the leading provider of best in class, mid-infrared sources and systems for defense, commercial, and research markets. Our global leadership position in advanced, mid-IR technology means that DRS Daylight Solutions customers benefit from a sustainable, competitive advantage in molecular detection and imaging applications.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
In 2005, three high-tech entrepreneurs founded DRS Daylight Solutions in San Diego, California, with the goal of developing breakthrough technologies and products around the company's core technology: mid-IR quantum cascade lasers (QCLs). Since then, the company has introduced three groundbreaking products. Are you an innovator that wants to be part of the solution? We're looking for pioneers who bring great ideas from concept to reality. DRS Daylight Solutions culture is family oriented, innovative, and collaborative. We enjoy working hard and have fun doing it. Our motto is to protect with light.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
The laser addembler will be responsible for material preparation, electro-mechanical assembly of laser sub assemblies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May perform soldering and installation of components to contract specifications, using a wide range of tools and equipment.
- Interprets blueprints, Process Flow Instructions and other written or verbal instructions.
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards, with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to SPC standard practices.
- Must be trained across all assembly stages, work w/Engineering to build 1st articles by interpreting print/specification with no process provided and the ability to interpret/assemble all units in dept.
- If required, perform all aspects of inspection: in-process, final and source; allocate partial points - 3 points in-process - 3 points final - 4 points source.
- Maintain a professional work space and environment.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required with 2 years assembly experience.
- Experience in laser, photonics or high technology manufacturing is desired.
- Familiarity with clean room protocol desired.
- Proficient hand soldering skills desired.
- Previous experience with Mid-IR lasers, work at a start-up company, and/or work on new products is beneficial.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Lifting: yes 25 lbs 0-25%
- Walking: yes 0-50%
- Climbing: yes 0-10%
- Bending: yes 0-10%
- Sitting: yes 0-50%
- Standing: yes 0-50%
- Stooping: yes 0-10%
- Kneeling: yes 0-10%
- Travel: no
Candidate must be a US Citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by US government within reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #DLS