Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Germantown, MD specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location: Germantown, MDTitle: Sales Representative/Account Manager Position Summary:
The principal selling agent with an assigned product responsibility and/or geographic region responsible for achieving the short-and long-range sales objectives established in the Company's Business Plan. Objectives will be achieved through developing new customers and markets in the assigned territory. Prepare monthly reports and special reports that identify activities in the territory and requirements of new and existing customers.Duties and Responsibilities:
- The principal selling agent within the assigned product responsibility and/or geographic region responsible for achieving the short-and long-range sales objectives established in the Company's Business Plan
- Objectives will be achieved through developing new customers and markets in the assigned territory
- Prepares monthly reports and special reports that identify activities in the territory and requirements of new and existing customers
- Support and communicate the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Travels to customers and potential customers' facilities providing them with information and support as required to secure business
- Communicate customer requirements to management and request support from other departments as necessary to assist in achieving established objectives
- Ensures that sales activities comply with sales policies and procedures
- Recommends to the Company areas of future growth potential such as acquisitions, new market strategies, etc.
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for product area and/or geographic region in cooperation with management
- Provide timely reporting of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in business and product planning
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the product line, its specialized applications, and its potential
- Independently recognizes and seeks out sales, methods of obtaining sales and providing service to customers within area of accountability
- Assist in the preparation of written quotes, RFP's, RFI's and RFQ responses and sales proposals
- Handle all customer calls on timely basis
- Assist in the development of sales tools for sales representatives and customers
- Ensure new product information is communicated to appropriate personnel as required
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Assists with other marketing projects and assignments as needed
- Bachelors Degree (Engineering Degree preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5+ yrs experience business to business government/prime contractor sales experience (Preferably technology)
- RF/SIGINT/Intel background with significant sales history preferred
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance required
- Must have clear understanding of Prospecting, Hunting and Farming with a proven track record
- Must have clear understating of Prospecting tools, like FBO,DASIS, journals, etc.
- Must enjoy and thrives in a Trade Show environment
- Previous experience with cold calling during sales career
- Demonstrated sales management and marketing experience
- Ability to manage multiple selling and marketing units
- General knowledge of accounting, manufacturing procedures, data processing, quality control procedures and engineering
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent presentation skills
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS