Central Garden & Pet
Santa Fe Springs,CA
Central Pet Distribution is hiring Warehouse Associates! Night Shift Monday through Thursday
Do you love pets and love working in a fast-paced environment? Our growing company is seeking experienced warehouse associates to pull merchandise to complete orders from pick tickets, and load/unload trucks with pet supply products to be delivered to pet retailers. Our Pet Distribution team works together to supply our customers with the nation s top brands of pet supplies like Nylabone, Kaytee, and Aqueon. If you are dependable, responsible and committed to safety, this may be the job for you!
Location: Central Pet Distribution Center in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Shift Details: Night Shift starting at 3:00pm until 1:30am, 4 day work week Monday through Thursday (10 hour shift)
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Process transactions utilizing RF technology and pick 2 voice (Vocollect) technology and/or identify items on paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description
- Pick orders that are scheduled to ship that day and package merchandise to ensure safe transport
- Inspect merchandise to ensure only quality product is used to complete the order
- Accurately review counts of all incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against invoices, orders or other records
- Unpack, examine and route incoming shipments; record shortages and reject damaged items
- Utilize pallet jacks, stand-up reach forklift and sit-down forklift where applicable
- Keep area clean and neat at all times
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- 1+ year related warehouse experience
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to read and write legibly in English, carry out oral instructions in English, count and do basic math
- Forklift experience and RF scanner experience preferred
- Ability to lift and move up to 60 pounds, safely, with or without accommodation
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Work is conducted in a warehouse environment with temperature changes depending on the season
- Working with or near conveyors depending on assignment
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance
- Referral Program with cash bonus
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website for additional information www.central.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.