Cable Services Company
Title General Foreman
Reports to Supervisor
Revision Date 11/17/2017
Summary / Objective
The Communications Construction General Foreman is responsible for, scheduling, work planning planning, coordinating, supervising, assisting in cost control and billing, and filling in for the supervisor in his or her absence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check for construction quality and report as needed
- Must work with Project Supervisor to solve quality problems within the project
- Coordinate construction plans with Project Supervisor and relay scope of work to crews and subcontractors
- Complete and maintain all necessary paperwork for projects assigned by Project Supervisor
- Keep Project Supervisor informed of progress and developments project
- Operates equipment or performs laborer duties as needed
- Serves as liaison between the Company and the customer and utilities
- Assist Project Supervisor in ordering and tracking construction materials
- Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment, tools, and vehicle
- Complete daily equipment safety inspections and maintenance checks
- Accurately complete all required company documentation for each assignment according to established company standards and procedures (i.e. timesheet, truck report, expense report)
- Perform work in a safe manner and comply with all established company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in order to help team complete a project
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in coaxial and fiber installation, cable construction, and maintenance of both aerial and underground plant.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and system design documents
- Able to work 10+ hours in a day when necessary
- Willing to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Capable of moving materials/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Able to ascend/descend a ladder
- Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable with work attendance
Required Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certification
- Must have 3-5 years of experience working in telecommunications construction
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background screen
- Complete and pass a DOT Physical
This position typically requires: balancing, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, grasping, reaching, stooping, squatting, kneeling, climbing, hearing, and talking.
While performing this job, an employee is exposed to varying weather conditions.
This position requires travel which will include traveling to projects in different cities and involve frequent overnight stays.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.