4000 - Laurel Auction - 8800 Freestate Dr, Laurel, Maryland, 20723CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, the Auction Services Associate is responsible for zone maintenance, vehicle preparation, vehicle receiving, inventory scanning, reconciliation, final quality of saleable inventory, vehicle movement (both on and offlot), asset protection, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure daily maintenance and security of inventory and vehicle parking areas
- Maintain and document the transfer of incoming and outgoing inventory that is processed through the shipping and receiving facility
- Participate in auction support
- Deliver and retrieve vehicles from off-site vendors
- Assist with training new associates
- Adhere to standardized work processes
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Take customers to and from destinations using shuttle van
- Complete daily scanning and reconciliation of the vehicle inventory
- Performs wholesale reconditioning process
- Once certified, participate in gas reclamation process
- Monitors transportation of incoming inventory from satellite locations.
- Provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers at all times
- Ability to read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Successfully work with associates of other departments within the geographic location
- Ability to multitask in a high energy, fast paced working environment
- Strong inventory management capabilities
Willingness to acquire knowledge of wholesale and Inventory operating procedures
- Complete CarMax provided training
- High School degree or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Wear CarMax clothing (acquired through the company) at all times in the store
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (products weighing more than 50 lbs may be handled by more than one person and/or with mechanical assistance).
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12 hour days
- Ability to work in both an office and outdoor environment; this may include working in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions at times
Disclaimer And Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer by both policy and practice and subscribes to federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin or disability. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax. This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) ###-#### ext. 3888 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resum ].