Our Exciting Work Environment
Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment is a leader in its industry. Jumer's Casino and Hotel is conveniently located at the intersection of Hwy 92 W and Interstate 280 in Rock Island, IL. The one level casino includes over 1,100 slots, a live poker room, 24 table games, and a high limit area. The 205 room hotel includes a salon & day spa, room service, indoor pool & Jacuzzi, fitness center, valet service, and event center. On site are also four restaurants including, Players Buffet, Blue Square Caf , Blue Square To Go and DJ's Steakhouse, named after our founder, D. James JumerThe Opportunity
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary. At Jumer's Casino and Hotel, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen, join us. We'll help you build a career that lets you grow how and where you want.
Are you ready to bring your career to life?
The Host will act as a liaison between casino guests and management. To foster good customer relations. Enact and support marketing strategies in respect to the retention, reclamation and development of casino patrons with limited supervision and independent judgment.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years gaming experience in Player Development or related field/experience.
- Previous casino player tracking and casino applications experience preferred.
- Skill in operating business computers and office machines in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
- Ability to interact effectively with high-end guests and possess conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions.
- Ability to work effectively and make independent decisions with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate leadership ability with the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner and appearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Take your career beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.