This job posting is for employment at an independently owned and operated franchisee of Denny s.
Looking for a challenging yet rewarding role with a company who is one of the top QSR developers in The New York Metro Area as well as the exclusive Denny s Franchisee in the Staten Island Market and is current expanding its store count? Then look no further and apply now with a family run multi-unit franchise group that offers competitive compensation, option to enroll in our 401K program, certified level training, a relaxed working atmosphere, and flexible hours. Also, as a growing organization, we are expanding our store counts every year, giving all members of our team the opportunity for growth and career development in respects to management as well as above restaurant leadership positions.
We believe that our Team Members are the foundation of our business. A Denny s Host/Hostess has a Guest First attitude, engaging in friendly conversation with guests as you perform duties such as:
- Suggesting new menu items from our limited time offerings
- Receiving payment and making correct change
- Assisting with beverages like signature or flavored coffees
- Cleaning, completing side work, and organizing supplies as needed
- Willingly assisting other team members without being asked
- Providing total guest satisfaction
- Greets and welcomes all guests immediately upon arrival and verifies number in their party.Also determines special needs, e.g., high chairs, special menus
- Collects payment from guests immediately, in accordance with established cash handling procedures, inquiries about food/service satisfaction and handles guest complaints/suggestions appropriately
- Seats guests at tables/booths appropriate for their needs and those of the restaurant, and introduces feature of the day
- Keeps hostess area stocked and clean, e.g., to-go items and bakery products
- Handles incoming telephone calls immediately
- Maintains proper supply of clean menus
- Periodically supplies guests with initial beverage suggestions and provides beverage order and refills
- Assists service personnel in clearing and setting tables
- Resolves complaints as he/she becomes aware of them, notifying the manager of any complaints received
- Assists other service personnel as needed
- Ability to adapt and follow instructions as required
- Willing to accomplish all restaurant tasks
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact productively with co-workers and function well in a team environment
- Ability to receive constructive criticism in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
This job posting is for a position in a restaurant owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Denny s, Inc. This means the independent franchisee, and not Denny s, Inc. is alone responsible for all employment related matters in the restaurant including, among other things, setting any requirements for this job and all decisions concerning hiring, firing, discipline, supervisions, staffing and scheduling. Denny s, Inc. will not receive a copy of any application you submit for this job posting and will have no control over whether you receive an interview and/or are ultimately hired, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees, and does not employ independent franchisees employees. If you are hired for this job posting, the independent franchisee, and not Denny s, Inc., will be your employer.
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work in a Denny s restaurant, but is not a complete job description. People who work in a Denny s restaurant perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
Our brand is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.