We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry's body , working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you'll bring with you:
Bachelors in Social Work required for all Social Workers hired after 12/25/2011.
(Social Workers hired before December 2011 met previous job description education requirements.)
0-2 years experience in acute care hospital setting, Minimum Preferred
BLS (CPR) at hire date, required, or within 90 days of hire
Other Skills & Knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong assessment skills, time management skills, critical thinking skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- The assessment, care and treatment provided by Social Worker will be consistent with the specific age related needs of the patient. Is competent to care for patient age groups including neonatal/infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric adult patients.
- Skills and knowledge of human behavior and clinical aspects of medical Social Work.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of people and situations at all levels of the organization.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a top 100 places to work. We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.