As a part of our continued growth we are looking for a dedicated and passionate Inventory Clerk. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to record and enter inventory of all useable parts from vehicles received using a handheld PDA device. As an Inventory Clerk you will verify and record purchased vehicles from weekly auctions, record all useable parts of a vehicle, record the plant assigned stock number on each vehicle, and scribe all parts saved for inventory with assigned stock number. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail, work well with others, must have excellent written, and verbal skills. We are seeking candidates who are extremely motivated and enjoy working with others. If you are looking to join a company with excellent benefits, like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Verify and record purchased vehicles delivered to the facility from weekly Auctions.
- Record on each vehicle received the Assigned Stock Number entered for the Plant.
- Record and enter inventory all useable parts for each vehicle.
- Scribe all parts saved for inventory with assigned stock number.
- Follow specific work instructions and best practices to safely and accurately complete daily work assignments and record indirect time in a timely manner.
- Verify that proper documentation is attached.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Participate in all assigned training programs and adhere to all guidelines.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers always.
- Assist in various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, storing equipment, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic Knowledge of vehicles and parts, basic computer skills, willingness to work in an outdoors environment.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment: Light lifting, standing most of the work day, working in the elements
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of Word, Excel Outlook, Windows, Mobile and similar windows based programs. Ability to recognize and identify automotive Parts. Knowledge of the ARA Damage Locator Chart.
LKQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug free work environment. Employment with LKQ is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check* and may be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.