- Read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Outgoing, positive demeanor.
- Demonstrated positive customer relations skills.
- Ability to resolve potentially difficult customer situations.
- Basic math skills as they relate to counting and making change.
- Speed and accuracy in performing cash transactions and in operating cash registers.
- Demonstrated honesty and dependability.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support and promote a diverse and inclusive campus community
Performs a variety of tasks related to the direct interaction with customers on eligibility to enter contract Dining Halls and/or receiving money for goods purchased.
Typical tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers and guests.
- Assuring eligibility to enter Dining Halls.
- Explaining department policies tactfully and positively.
- Accurately accounting for cash and other tender.
- Monitoring for illegal entry and removal of food and equipment from Dining Halls.
- Answers guests' questions and directs to proper area within building or on campus.
- Assures accuracy of procedures when assisted.
- Accurately records and totals purchases on itemizing cash register; makes proper change; resolves any conflict promptly and with courtesy.
- Assures security of funds entrusted.
- Accounts for all transactions at the end of shift.
- Observes department standards of courtesy, service, sanitation and safety.
- Maintains a neat, well groomed, professional appearance.
- Performs related tasks of Food Service Worker-Support, Service, and Sanitation when requested.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a education and records check satisfactory to Brown University
This position works 40 hours per week/ 41 weeks per year. This position is off 11 various weeks through the year.
Weekly schedules is flexible
Recruiting Start Date:2019-07-24-07:00
Job Posting Title:Cashier/Checker/Clerk
Grade:Dining Services Union Rates
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact [email protected]
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.