Presbyterian Hospital (Albuquerque, N.M.)
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
To plan, coordinate control, and perform, Facility Maintenance operations within a specified portion (Zone) of PHS-A facilities, as they currently exist, and provide for an uninterrupted flow of utilities based upon existing design criteria. Major emphasis shall be placed upon preventative and predictive maintenance. The Mechanic shall be capable of working with little or no supervision, and limited direction from specialized trades.
Perform Preventative maintenance procedures, on fixtures and equipment within a predetermined Zone in a timely manner as prescribed in Facility Services Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Primary responsibility and accountability for performing repairs, lubrication and adjustment on all hospital equipment as to ensure a comfortable and safe environment.
* Prioritization of tasks and methods with a great deal of independence to operate within established PHS and Facility Services policies, procedures, and schedules.
* Evaluate and monitor the performance of building and utility systems in assigned Zones.
* Know, understand, and adhere to PHS and Department Policies and Procedures
* Constantly improve technical knowledge and skills through participation in educational programs and in-service meetings.
* Understand department operating budget and suggest methods to assure that operations are within
budget. Develop plans and recommendations to reduce maintenance costs within the department.
* Serve as a resource to departments within Zone in the area of facility maintenance operations
* Support organizational visions, values and strategies
* Maintains applicable licensure as refrigeration technician
* Periodic rounds in assigned areas
* Performs installations and repairs of refrigerated equipment and other generally accepted refrigeration jobs
*Ability to read and interpret blue prints, codes, and other associated documents to complete jobs
* Ability to use refrigeration test equipment including test gauges, refrigerant recovery systems and hand tools appropriately to perform work
* Perform routine and urgent maintenance requests
* Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
High School Diploma and preferably, Trade or Vocational School. At least 3 to 5 years of general maintenance or specialized mechanical trade experience preferably in Healthcare industry.
* High School Diploma or GED
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.