Ready Pac Foods
The Role Reporting to the Second Shift Facilities Supervisor, you will join the Facilities team at this site. You'll train on first shift with our two other facilities maintenance workers, but once your training is complete you will be the only facilities maintenance person on second shift. Our schedule runs for four 10-hour days then 3 days off, with rotating weekends. The second shift is from 3 PM to 1:30 AM, though there may be occasional opportunities for overtime.
You'll complete facility maintenance tasks as assigned by your Supervisor, which generally come from work orders. This could include changing light bulbs, fixing leaks, plumbing, adjusting the HVAC, assembling furniture, completing renovations, and more. You may also be asked to complete Preventative Maintenance tasks, to handle immediate needs that arise, to work on special projects, or even to assist our team of mechanics as they maintain the food processing equipment.
We have approximately 100,000 sq. feet of space, including the production floor, offices, and cafeteria, and you'll be responsible for maintenance in the entire facility. You'll need to be able to troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems independently, though if you think a vendor needs to be called in for a particular task, you'll work through the supervisor for approval.
Though you won't usually be working on the food processing equipment, the facility is a food-safe environment. It will be important for you to learn the rules and regulations that affect what we do, and to ensure you're taking all appropriate precautions, such as wearing regulation PPE.
Some of your specific tasks will be to:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair duties.
- Work to implement and assist in the coordination of all minor building moves.
- Perform repair and maintenance work of minor complexity to building furnishings, fixtures and finishes.
- Coordinate work to assist contractors and vendors employed to perform repair and maintenance work and moves of moderate to high complexity.
- Implement facility services portion of all work orders.
- Maintain inventory of tools required to provide services.
- Work with department technicians, staff, and management to maintain inventories of parts, materials, and equipment required.
- Assist with various building inspections and audits.
- Follow all food safety and food quality programs.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. You will play an important role in ensuring we consistently meet these standards, along with high levels of productivity and efficiency.
The Requirements To be a good fit for this Facilities Maintenance opportunity, you should have:
- Experience with facilities maintenance, including some general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC, and the ability to troubleshoot maintenance issues Quick question for you - click here
- The ability to effectively use manual tools, power tools, climb ladders, use testing equipment and work with common paints and lacquers
- The ability to read and understand technical documentation if needed to complete maintenance tasks
- The ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- A strong commitment to safety
- The ability to work independently and be a self-starter, working down the task list quickly and carefully
- A strong sense of urgency to complete tasks in a timely way
- Flexibility to work an assigned shift (3 pm 1:30 am) and a rotating schedule that includes weekends
- A GED or high school diploma
- Written communications skills in English are a plus
- Experience with forklifts and the willingness to certify would be a plus
- Experience working in an industrial food environment, pet food production, dairy, or pharma would be very helpful