The Rants Group
Primary functions of this position shall include management, commercial leasing and representing clients buying and selling investment real estate; including small multi-family, apartment complexes, commercial office, medical, retail and industrial properties.
As a broker/property manager you will receive a base salary plus commissions on completed leasing and sale transactions. You will be able to build relationships with tenants and real estate owners while managing the financial and physical maintenance aspects of their properties. As a broker you will be helping businesses find and negotiate a lease or purchase of a new location, investors sell or buy an investment property, and much more. Each role comes with a variety of challenges and every transaction is unique. You are always learning something new!
The Rants Group is the Olympia area's original investment real estate management and brokerage firm. The company is family run and manages a wide range of commercial and residential properties. We're located in downtown Olympia and our office has beautiful views of the waterfront. However, as a broker/property manager you will not be at a desk all day, 20-50% of your time will be spent around town, traveling to properties, meeting with clients or attending to managed properties. All staff work 8:00am-5:00pm and off hours only when necessary.
Basic duties/responsibilities include:
- Manage day to day physical and financial operation of the assigned Portfolio, including serving as the primary liaison with owners, vendors and tenants.
- Administer tenant leases and maintain good tenant relations; review, understand and enforce lease terms. Communicate with tenants to address their needs and resolve any issues.
- Work closely with tenants to ensure prompt rental payment.
- Prepare annual budgets and review monthly financial reports for individual portfolio properties and provide to owners monthly and quarterly.
- Perform periodic inspections of the properties. Maintain the assigned portfolio at a high level of appearance and performance. Resolve emergency maintenance issues.
- Obtain and supervise third party vendors; evaluate service contract requirements and establish performance specifications and documents; manage the competitive bid process.
- Represent our clients buying, selling and leasing investment real estate.
- Procure new property management accounts, sale and leasing listings.
- Washington State Broker's License
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- 3 years property management experience
- Experience with AppFolio or other property management software
- Excellent organization and attention to detail