Kforce Finance & Accounting
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Collections Specialist in Maryland Heights, Missouri (MO).
- Follows up on resident accounts that have not had payer activity
- Performs extensive account follow up, investigates, analyzes and resolves problematic and delinquent accounts
- Displays strong analytical skills by providing detailed and accurate follow-up on reports and projects
- Interacts with internal and external staff to address collection issues
- Reports posting issues and trends to appropriate management
- Takes initiative for learning new skills and remaining current on all issues affecting the specified area of responsibility
- High School diploma or GED
- Preferred 3 years patient financial billing/follow-up experience in a healthcare environment with a minimum of 1 year experience in healthcare private pay collections
- Knowledge of medical terminology and reimbursement guidelines
- Knowledge of IL collection laws preferred
- Understanding of outstanding balances
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.