Flux is currently searching for a Sr. VDC Coordinator for one of our clients located in Albany, NY. Our client is a global leader in design, engineering and construction delivering high-tech facilities, plants and factories. With a history of more than 100 years, they have developed a special expertise in controlled and regulated environments. Serving the most technically demanding clients in growth markets such as semiconductors, life sciences, and data center across the full spectrum of services from consulting and design to managing turnkey solutions.
Our client is seeking a Sr. VDC Coordinator who reports to the VDC Manager, and is responsible for leading the development of a Building Information Model (BIM) for multi-disciplinary projects that employ aspects of Integrated Project Delivery. As the primary point of contact for VDC on the project, the VDC Coordinator interfaces with the entire team to ensure alignment to the BIM Execution Plan. The VDC Coordinator provides the project team with necessary model collaboration, automation, and management support.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Create the BIM Execution Plan in collaboration with the Design Manager and discipline leads
- Manages model exchange between all parties within M+W's governance on the project
- Configures and Maintains the Revit Shared Coordinates Site Project File
- Ensures any changes in building orientation and coordinates are captured with all internal and external project parties, regardless of authoring software
- Configure and maintain regular exports for Quantity Take-off and Scheduling teams, with the support of a VDC Specialist
- Regularly performs Quality Control review of authoring files to ensure alignment to VDC standards for the project and reports the results to the Design Manager
- Develops and Maintains client-specific custom Revit Annotation Family files for the project, with the support of a VDC Specialist
- Creates and maintains the Project Navisworks Federated Model for Clash Detection, Viewpoint Management, and Search Sets. Develop and apply clash report template, including clash batches.
- Develops and distributes Clash Reports
- Leads the weekly Clash Detection meetings, dispositioning of all clashes and elevating non-resolved issues to the Space Manager and Design Manager as needed for resolution
- Participates in weekly Space Management, Leads, and Design Review meetings as needed
- Leads weekly VDC meeting with all parties when required
- Elevates all software and hardware support issues to IT Department or VDC Manager
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum 2 years' in a VDC/BIM Lead or Coordinator position for projects with an AEC and/or EPCM firm, preferably for advance technology facilities using Revit and other Autodesk products
- Minimum 3 years' experience in design, drafting, or engineering production
- Understanding of integrated project workflows and basic project management
- Must possess communication and organizational skills; willingness to perform a variety of tasks on short notice.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly motivated with good diagnostic and problem solving skills. Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced working environment.
- Advanced user of AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks Manage software
- Knowledge of Fabrication MEP, Programming Languages (C#, VB.NET, LISP, Python) is a plus
- Ability to guide multi-disciplinary teams in the pursuits of solutions while encouraging creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Exceptional presentation skills for internal and external customers
- Ability to travel to project sites
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.