The purpose of this position is to conduct Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) training for drivers employed by clients and their partners. Training consists of classroom instruction, behind-the-wheel closed course training, road training and a road test.
- Conducts classroom training on DOT regulations, safe vehicle operation, trip planning, and other topics related to the safe and effective operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle. Administers tests to determine pass/fail.
- Conducts behind-the-wheel training on a closed course and on public roads using a commercial motor vehicle to allow drivers to apply knowledge and practice operating the vehicle.
- Administers road test to evaluate the driver's ability to effectively and safely manage the vehicle in environments they will encounter on the job. Determines final pass/fail on driving skills.
- Assists management with identifying and obtaining appropriate training locations (classroom and behind-the-wheel), vehicles and other resources necessary for training.
- Works with support staff to ensure training materials and other resources are available and operational when needed.
- Provides feedback on training effectiveness and opportunities for improvement to training development staff.
- Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensure that staff follows these same guidelines.
- Manages expenses in line with departmental budgets and margin targets.
- Enforces and support all company policies and procedures. Fully support the company's commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
- 1+ year of CMV driver training experience, including classroom and behind-the-wheel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business-related field desirable.
- Must have valid Commercial Motor Vehicle license.
- Certified to conduct CMV driver road tests.
- In-depth knowledge of Commercial Motor Vehicle regulations.
- Proficient in the use of a PC and MS Office Suite.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Independent decision-making skills and good judgment.
Work is performed in multiple environments, including office, classroom, and vehicle.
Work involves the operation of a commercial motor vehicle on a closed-course and public roads.
While most of the training will be conducted within driving distance, occasional travel to other training center locations may be required based on business needs (10%-20%).
This Job Profile is not all-inclusive and may be supplemented as necessary to meet business needs.