RVP, Dealer Sales and Service - South Midwest Region (Texas and Illinois)
The Regional Vice President, Dealer Sales and Service leads a high performing team responsible for generating new business and maintaining successful relationships on multiple TrueCar platforms. This position will be responsible for hiring, motivating and managing a team of field Sales and Service Managers while enabling them to perform at their highest potential.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build a team environment with strong morale, positive energy, consultative and a goal-oriented culture providing clear expectations, delivering performance feedback and follow up
- Build and grow long-term, trusting relationships with a range of contacts at dealerships (buyer/signer, implementer, stakeholder, etc.), including the highest level in each organization (e.g., General Manager) within your team's district.
- Provide development opportunities for top performers in order to groom them for future growth and promotion while developing bench strength and depth
- Serve as a Change Agent, leading change and acting as a catalyst for continuous improvement
- Ensure the district grows dealer count and/or billings, meets new business goals, manages accounts receivables, and maintains and preserves dealers.
- In partnership with Training, ensure that your team is knowledgeable and proficient on processes necessary to be successful in their role
- Demonstrate a high level of attentiveness towards customer and create a culture which encourages high quality service
- Partner with Senior Leadership and Human Resources to understand the need to and execute recruitment, quality of hire, the development of employees and the retention of a diverse, quality workforce
- Effectively communicate at all levels within the organization with the ability to influence and persuade effectively
- Display courage in addressing difficult situations, aligning behavior with the organization's position, needs and goals
- Develop trusting relationships and open communication, accepting feedback (up and down)
- Demonstrate the flexibility necessary to adjust to changing and/or additional duties and responsibilities as the market and company changes
- Provide feedback and specific recommendations to management for how to improve TrueCar's various dealer sales and service processes.
- The RVP Sales and Service will have overall regional business responsibility with P&L ownership for assigned region
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 12+ years progressively responsible Sales and/or Service experience preferably in the Auto Industry
- Significant leadership experience typically demonstrated by 7+ years leading large territories with multiple levels of employees
- Successfully built and led field sales and/or service organizations with dramatic growth across multiple regions
- Experience defining, building, and implementing successful sales and service plans.
- Strategic executive who can add value across the organization
- An innate understanding of business processes and how to redesign/re-engineer them to provide competitive advantages for the company, and streamline processes
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding sales and/or other quantitative goals, as well as qualitative goals
- Strong understanding of auto dealerships, both larger dealer groups and family owned
- Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and overcomes obstacles
- Driven, articulate, confident and polished leader with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated P&L ownership within a multi-million dollar business unit
- Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility
- Ability to travel 75% of the time
NICE TO HAVE:
Bachelors or Advanced degreeLocation(s): Field-IllinoisField-Texas