Saint Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.Provides patients, visitors, and co-workers with outstanding customer service. Management of patient s menus, accurate special diets, supplementary feedings and required between meal feedings. Seeks to obtain 100% patient selected menus. Promotes meal assistance to all patients on a daily basis; including meal selection, service, and retrieval. Delivers late trays, floor stock, nourishments, snacks, and supplements. Also is responsible for stocking the kitchens, picking up patient menus, and recording calorie counts and I & O s. Transports food carts as needed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visiting and assisting patients with menu selections and providing brief simplified information on diet restrictions on assigned units.
- Checking patient tray service for accuracy during scheduled meals.
- Deliver food trays within established time frames and at appropriate temperature.
- Deliver all food and beverages to patients who are permitted to eat. Canned supplements may stay in a patient s room. Perishable snacks must be labeled and dated and placed in pantry refrigerator.
- Assists patient with getting food ready to eat, including opening containers, getting items from the pantry, and ensures that all necessary items are present on the tray. Uses floor stock and safe items from undelivered trays to meet patient requests.
- Collect any dirty trays from pantries. Place on cart for transport back to kitchen.
- Before collecting trays check with nurse to make sure that I & O s were completed. Records I & O s and calorie counts when necessary to maintain work flow.
- Answers questions regarding food items on the menus & guest policies. Learns each individual patient/customer needs and does the best job of satisfying those needs in a friendly, competent manner.
- Transports meal trays in food truck to specified patient area and distributes trays to patient, checking two patient identifiers (name and date of birth).
- Refer patients with complex food and nutrition problems as well as low PO intake to the manager or dietitian.
- Delivers any late trays, H.S. snacks, night feedings, or other food or related paperwork that needs to be disturbed to patient floors.
- Performs all dish room responsibilities including loading, unloading and putting away all clean items in the appropriate space.
- Performs assorted kitchen duties including sanitation, set-up, and completing temperature logs.
- Must maintain a pleasant and courteous disposition at all times while working at a rapid pace focusing on the patient and the task at hand while staying within the time constraints.
- Shares information & collaborates with fellow team members to ensure patients & other customers needs are met. Participates in pro-active communication and problem solving, to enable high performance of the team.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Walking for up to 7 hours per day, 3 hours at a time. Continuously uses hands, upper and lower back and legs, handling, twisting/turning. Examples would be carrying trays, pulling and pushing trucks and carts, etc. Frequently uses firm grasping. Uses upper extremities for continuously lifting (up to 30 lbs.) carrying (up to 10 lbs.) and frequently push and pull (76 to 150 lbs.). When performing essential functions, employee must have the ability to frequently stoop/bend and occasionally squat. Employee should be able to hear normal conversation and have general vision, far vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent. Customer service experience preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: On the job.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.