Jersey Shore University Medical Center
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Dental Hygienist performs intra-oral examinations of needed dental work. Administers dental prophylaxes and fluoride treatments, and provides instruction in proper nutrition and oral hygiene.
*MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE: Mondays 8 am to 4:30 PM and Tuesdays 8 am to 12 noon
A day in the life of a Dental Hygienist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Chart documentation: Blood pressure and pulse are documented in each patient's chart within 6 months. 100% of the patients have a current (within 6 months) blood pressure and pulse recorded in the chart.
- Examinations: Performs examinations for visual and radiographic indications of needed dental work, referring some patients to dentists and retaining others according to type of work required. Indications noted in patient's progress note on a consistent basis.
- Program Maintenance: Maintains dental operating equipment in a clean and appropriate manner. Dental equipment is free of debris and body fluids after each patient. Room is reset for next patient according to standard. Maintains all patients' records of patients seen and work performed. Notation of work is written, signed and dated in 100% of patients seen. Maintains stock items in hygiene room and requests supplies as needed. Room is stocked with required supplies at all times.
- Manages Medicaid forms: Must complete a Medicaid form for each patient seen. 100% of the patients seen with Medicaid have a completed form at the end of each work session.
- Patient education: Instructs and demonstrates for patients and parents such things as proper oral hygiene, including brushing technique, flossing, massage, plaque control and proper nutritional habits.
- Prophylaxes: Performs complete dental prophylaxes, including ultrasonic, hand and gross scaling, and polishing the tooth. There are "0" negative comments or complaints by dentist in regard to prophylaxes performed.
- Active license as a dental hygienist in the State Of New Jersey
- Graduate of an accredited dental hygienist program
- Proof of Current Basic Life Support
- Knowledge in the use of Dentrix and Dexis is desirable
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.