General Dynamics Information Technology
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
The candidate will serve as a member of the Enterprise Service Desk providing support to the Army Research Laboratory. In addition, they will possess strong troubleshooting and computer configuration skills within a Windows 7/10 mixed environment. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Suites, WIM, McAfee products, PKI, and a wide variety of COTS/GOTS software. Basic networking knowledge and static TCP/IP configurations is helpful. Experience with CA UniCenter Service Desk and ACD systems is a plus, but not mandatory. Experience with desktop virtualization using VMWare is a plus.
The candidate must have a professional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ideal candidate must be able to work independently or as part of a team. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are also a must!
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service; handling incoming work orders, emails, and phone calls for a customer base of over 3500
- Installing and troubleshooting a variety of software packages in a Windows environment utilizing remote access software and desk-side visits
- Configuring and troubleshooting various printers, scanners, lab equipment, and other peripherals
- Assisting users with account setup, email configuration, CAC setup, data backups, and general usage of desktop and laptop PCs
- Computer lifecycle replacements utilizing Windows Imaging software
- Laptop VPN configuration and support using Cisco AnyConnect
- Assist in the tracking of various projects and assignments
- Updating work orders in ticketing system (Currently CA Service Desk), Excel spreadsheets, and various databases (data input)
- Maintaining systems to meet or exceed client security requirements
- Candidate MUST be a US Citizen and possess a security clearance level Secret
- Candidate MUST possess a CompTIA Security + CE certification
- Must possess current Microsoft certification for Windows 7 (or higher), or obtain within first six months of employment
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.