REDNER'S WAREHOUSE MARKETS
POSITION TITLE: Cashier
DEPARTMENT: Front End
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager / Bookkeeper
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To operate a cash register and check-stand efficiently and courteously in a manner that will conform with all front-end procedures and company policies. Cashiers are also expected to ensure customer satisfaction by giving prompt and courteous service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Scan grocery orders accurately and efficiently.
2) Correctly identify departments and modifiers that do not scan.
3) Utilized scan and bag technique for maximum efficiency, and bag according to customer requests.
4) Count cash drawer before shift begins, and keep drawer secure at all times.
5) Handle a payment media accurately, and comply with company policy of accountability/cash control.
6) Correctly follow void procedures.
7) Accurately identify produce items and key in their appropriate lookup code numbers.
8) Enforce security policies such as shoplifting, associate purchase policy, bottom of basket (BOB), and the Grapevine.
9) Knowledge of proper store supply procedures.
10) Knowledge of weekly ad and Hot Sheet items.
11) Provide high standards of customer service by properly greeting and thanking customers.
12) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in general housekeeping around the front end area.
2) To help stock shelves or face the store when necessary.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Must have dexterity in hands to be able to scan/key groceries.
2) Must have strong communication skills to ensure excellent customer service.
3) Strong mathematical skills required to run the registers.
4) Must be able to lift up to twenty five (25) pounds up to forty percent (40%) of the time.
5) Must be able to stand upright for the majority of your scheduled work shift.
Note: While this Position Description describes the primary functions of the position, it is not a complete description of all responsibilities. As a retail business, we require flexibility and teamwork. To assure the best possible service to our customers, our associates are frequently called on to perform work other than major job functions listed above.