Au Bon Pain
Title: Prep Cook
Reports To: General Manager/Manager/Shift Supervisor
Department: Caf Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
Our Prep Cooks help turn raw product into delicious and healthy meals. In this position, expect to prepare the food by washing and cutting vegetables, weighing and mixing ingredients, and assisting the Sandwich/Salad Maker and Bakers as needed. The Prep Cook at Au Bon Pain is one of the first positions to arrive in the morning and helps to organize the caf before and during every shift.
Position Summary :
The Prep Position is responsible for the preparation of legendary, high quality fresh food. Prep is dedicated to the freshness, appearance and standards of all Au Bon Pain products while ensuring a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY caf environment. If you enjoy making people smile while working with a great team and being part of a Company that is a great place to work, we want you as a Prep Cook!
Prep Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and stock ingredients and products for caf operations
- Ensure correct par levels are being prepared daily.
- Ensure that all products meet ABP s standards of freshness and appearance.
- Work with the management teams to plan prep schedules.
- Keep work area clean, organized and stocked, responsible for proper sanitation of the work environment
- Assists management expediting on the line to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Knowledge of all Au Bon Pain products.
- Listen, respond and resolve all guests requests quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate hospitality, respect and a friendly attitude toward guests and fellow team members.
- Resolves any problems and keeps management informed about issues and problems as they arise.
- Provides on-the-job training for new prep team member.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, can read, write, and speak English
- Friendly attitude and team player who will contribute to the culture and standards of Au Bon Pain
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the caf to attend to the needs of guests
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter height
ABP is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal opportunity to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, military status or veteran of the Vietnam era, sexual orientation, sex, age, or any category protected by law. We value diversity among our team members and the unique perspective this brings to our Company.