The Groundskeeper position provides lawn care for areas of main campus; including care of grass areas, gardens, shrubbery, and trees. Removes snow from roadways, walkways, parking lots, porches and steps during the winter. Also, acts as driver during periods of driver storages or during peak travel demands.
- Mows grass using hand-propelled or riding lawn mowers.
- Trims shrubbery and trees under supervision.
- Removes litter from campus grounds, roadways, and parking lots.
- Plants, transplants, prunes, and fertilizes flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Assists in maintaining roadways sidewalks, and parking lots.
- Removes leaves from gutters, and rakes leaves as necessary.
- Applies pesticides as directed.
- Removes snow using power equipment, such as plows, snow blowers, or rotating brushes, or manually with shovels.
- Spreads salt using automatic spreaders or manually.
- Provides routine maintenance on lawn care equipment, i.e. check oil levels, sharpen blades, change spark plugs, and mix gas and oil as required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Valid Ohio driver's license. CDL preferred. Pesticide License preferred.
Experience: One to five years in grounds maintenance or related work preferred.