Sharp Memorial Hospital (San Diego)
This position will place patients via computer to assigned medical, surgical, cardiac, and critical care beds according to the Bed Protocol.To ensure patients are assigned rooms in an expedient manner, this position will utilize all critical resources within the organization to expedite this process.
Obtains and verifies patient demographic, visit, and financial information in a manner that facilitates departmental efficiencies, maximum financial reimbursement, and promotes premier customer service.
Centralized Patient Placement Center is the central patient placement functionality for all of the Sharp HealthCare Hospitals we have enhanced our PFS PAS division responsibilities to another level by integrating our revenue cycle team with clinical patient placement staff.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University. Location
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County at the Sharp Spectrum Corporate Office.
Hours: Per diem; variable 8 hour shifts with weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years hospital revenue cycle experience to include: admitting, pre billing, pre verification, or accounts receivable follow up.
- Strong working knowledge of medical insurances, billing and collections guideline/criteria.
- Fluent with Local, State, and Federal regulations governing registration/billing activities including JCAHO, Title XXII, Medicare and Medi-Cal regulations.
- Basic utilization management experience.
- Ability to communicate/discuss personal and financial matters with other healthcare workers i.e. physicians and nursing staff.
- Function well in demanding/stressful environments.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- HFMA revenue cycle certified.
- Basic computer application experience: Centricity/ ADT,HPA, Cerner, On base, ECIN, Tele tracking, Transfer Center.
- ICD-9, and CPT 4 coding experience.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Essential physical requirements may be discussed at interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.