What this is: A great opportunity for an individual with a strong mechanical aptitude, seeking to gain experience in fast moving solar industry.
We are a fast paced leader in the solar industry focused on the development of system components for solar systems installations. As such we are seeking a dynamic, intellectually curious Technical Service Representative who has a passion for solving problems and mastering our solutions. IronRidge sells through a distribution network which creates the opportunity to engage at multiple customers levels; our distribution partners and also the installers who use our product on a daily basis. Your initial responsibilities are to assist both with technical questions on our solar racking products, including installations, configuration options, and field installation issues. The Technical Service Representative will report to the Director of Product Performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as first point of contact for incoming technical customer service calls and emails
- Maintain expert knowledge of our entire product line, including any product updates or revisions
- Report technical trends that feed the development of new and continuous improvement of products
- Educate customers/callers on IronRidge products and the online Design Assistant tool
- Manage and document all technical inquiries and actions in our helpdesk ticketing system
- Ability to comprehend and relay solutions without effort
- Manage and document escalated technical field issues and coordinate resolution with our Product, Quality, and Engineering teams
- Contribute to our technical knowledge base and provide content for FAQ on corporate website
- 1+ years of experience in customer-facing technical support role(s)
- Experience in solar, home improvement/construction, general contracting or electrical installations
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work well under pressure, remain calm in stressful situations, particularly those outward facing
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including impeccable grammar and spelling
- Ability to coordinate activities between cross functional teams
- Able to understand customer requirements and recommend specific products and solutions
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with high attention to detail
- A proven history of on-time, regular attendance, with a great work ethic
- Confidence with MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word) and similar programs
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Psychology or related field
- A working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM
- An outgoing, personable individual with a positive attitude who makes a good first impression with customers
- An engaging and pleasant phone presence
- Ability to be empathetic and see the situation from the customer s perspective
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.