Momence Packing is a harvest and manufacturing facility and exclusive supplier to Johnsonville, LLC, the No. 1 national sausage brand. Momence Packing members earn more than a paycheck. Our members enjoy competitive wages, generous benefits and growth and development opportunities.
Harvest & Harvest Processing Job Overview
Schedule: First Shift, about 6am end of harvest based on production needs (approx. 4 pm)
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with all safety and quality requirements while working on a manufacturing processing line setting. This candidate will establish and sustain positive working relationships to contribute to the team and department goals.
- Be able to perform and rotate through several job functions in either the harvest or harvest processing departments at line speed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Work history in a manufacturing environment preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to work with knives and other industrial equipment
- Notify team leaders and/or maintenance of problems
- Perform all jobs and responsibilities in a safe manner at line speed
- Complete all other duties as assigned
- Perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner
- Comply with all food safety standards
- Comply with all good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
- Wear required personal protective equipment
- Team player
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Physical demands for this position require walking or standing most of the time, pushing, pulling,
- External Candidates Only: Ability to pass a pre-employment, post offer drug screen, physical and background check.
Permanent Position Pay Range:
$15.67 - $17.42, dependent on grade
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.