CTI Tax Solutions of IHS Markit provides outsourcing (along with consulting and technology products/services) to major financial institutions and multi-national corporations around the world as those services relate to the review and validation of international tax documentation (e.g., Forms W-8, W-9, 1099, 1042, 1042-S, etc.). Drawing on extensive operational and tax technical expertise, CTI Tax Solutions outsourcing offerings cover end-to-end services meeting domestic, non-resident, FATCA tax withholding and information return reporting needs, as well as the Common Reporting Standard due diligence and reporting requirements.
The CTI Tax Solutions Outsourcing group is seeking a highly qualified Specialist for placement within the due diligence operations team. Successful candidates will assume a role which will require tax document validation review, account remediation and other client back-office functions related to U.S. and foreign tax documentation requirements. Candidates with experience in tax compliance or advisory/consulting background in U.S. domestic and non-resident tax (Chapters 3 and 61), FATCA (Chapter 4) and global AEOI requirements are of particular interest. Applicants with prior experience in complementary tax compliance review as part of financial account onboarding for banks and other financial institutions are also welcome.
Duties & accountabilities
Coordinate and conduct tax document examination (IRS Forms W-8 and W-9, as well as CRS self-certification), checking for completeness and accuracy based on operational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Act as client relationship lead and project manager for due diligence processes as they relate to account onboarding practices, form solicitations or account remediation efforts.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for assigned clients and handle both day-to-day account review processes and urgent escalations in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise where required on client & team inquiries regarding applicable statutes, tax authority guidance and general industry approaches & best practices.
- Address tax compliance and remediation requests with clients and/or their account holders in accordance with IRS regulations and Outsourcing protocol as part of audit exposure elimination efforts.
- Assist clients with withholding rate calculations and verification of tax treaty benefits prior to distributions and payment events.
- Develop long-term relationships with existing clients, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders.
- Must utilize strong adaptability skills and become an expert on our proprietary products, through classroom, web and on the job training and experience
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments impacting withholding and reporting requirements.
- Work through new requirement discussions with the client and identify short-term workarounds.
- Address client queries on CTI developed software and tax form validation logic.
- Participate in client status conferences to discuss validation progress and processing questions.
- Understand and exhibit a strong emphasis on the ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Must conform to all company policies, including data protection and confidentiality requirements.
- Successfully pass any required drug testing and background checks as required by company policy or client requirement.
Education and experience
- Experience in customer service and financial data operations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Tax internships or tax experience a big plus
- 2-5 years' experience preferred
- Have an excellent client service ethos and be able to communicate effectively with priority clients and sales prospects
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with bank compliance and risk management a plus
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact [email protected] or call +1 212 ### ####. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current Colleagues If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.