Gordon Food Service
Value. Respect. Investment in You.
3rd Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 8PM - 5AM (or until finish)
1500 N River Road, Lithia Springs, GA 30122
Incentive pay - No Flat Rates
Benefits after 30 days!
Come Join Our Southeast Warehouse Maintenance Team
in our 455,000 square foot, newly automated warehouse
The backbone of any organization is connected to those who are dedicated to keeping things in order.
Our valued Maintenance teams keep things running, our business in motion and our customers successful.
High Value - High Visibility
3rd Shift Schedule:
- Sunday - Thursday, 8PM - 5AM (or until finish)
- Our people are the foundation of our business.
- The great people we hire are steadfast, genuine, and forward-thinking.
- It's our people who build heartfelt partnerships with customers
- We honor promises to customers and employees alike.
- Productivity and efficiency gets noticed, and often leads to career growth.
- Rewards-financial incentives, employee awards-for jobs well done.
- Power Industrial Vehicles
- Electrical trouble-shooting
- HVAC ventilation systems
- Building Maintenance
- Conveyor systems (automated DC's only)
- Preventative Maintenance
- Our Maintenance Mechanics learn firsthand how to ensure the safety and functionality of our Ammonia Refrigeration systems. We pay to train and certify the right people for this more advanced opportunity.
- Education: High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate. Powered Industrial Vehicle certification required.
- Experience: Three years previous machine repair experience OR an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and interpret building schematics/blue prints
- High level of understanding of electrical mechanics
- Attention to detail
- Eagerness to meet team goals, ensuring optimum levels of excellence
- Understanding and passion for safety standards & preventative maintenance
- Proficiency in software applications
- Experience in PIV operations
- Willingness to work in varied temperatures within the cold & storage facilities
- Successful passing of drug screen and background check upon hire
- Valid email - this is the number one way we communicate with you!
- In this position you will be very active, moving all the time.
- You'll be asked to do work in high places, freezing cold spaces, inside/outside, and anywhere within the building you are needed.
- It's important to know that you'll need to be able to lift/move up to 100 pounds during your shift.
- This is an industrial workspace. You'll be exposed to chemicals, sounds, and other environmental elements that may affect you personally - so please tell us if this is going to be of concern for you.
- Successfully pass our Hair Drug Test and Background Check requirements (criminal background check, yes - we do not check your credit score).
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required).
- This position requires excellent attention to detail and strong motivation toward company, team, and individual results. Must work effectively with others and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret written communications. Must possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with the ability to solve practical and technical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule formats.
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to [email protected] and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.