Under the direction of the Master Scheduler, this person will be overseeing the process of generating and closing production orders including auditing production orders, reporting variances, troubleshooting discrepancies, and a variety of production support tasks. Responsible for supporting the Master Scheduler as well as the overall production functions within the ERP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proficient in manufacturing processes
- The continuing involvement of ERP support
- Interact in meetings on regarding scheduling production and ERP development
- Production Control duties will include but are not limited to:
- Daily management of the ERP system
- Generate orders, check for accuracy of the information, research discrepancies, and develop any action plans necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Generate production schedules and track attainment percentages
- Material allotment of required BOM components
- Creation and execution of required reports as scheduled
- Communicate issues with schedule attainment when elevated or when target production goals are not being achieved
- Other duties as assigned
- Raw Material Work in Process (WIP) Management/Allocation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
- Knowledge of use of a wide variety of measuring instruments and experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, etc
- Ability to organize and lead production meetings
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Two to four years of experience within the food processing industry preferred
Ability to read, write and communicate in English with strong verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Spanish is helpful, but not required.
Frequently communicates with internal and external customers at a substantially high level to resolve all issues or problems which require resourcefulness, tact and discretion. Applies their broad knowledge of products, and services when communicating with individuals, outside their immediate work area/department.
Responsible for expediting product involving the possibility of financial loss through errors. Works with significant deadlines that can result in a disruption to projects, service or products that impact operational cost and/or revenue. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as basic costs of accounting, freight and transportation elements, statistical inference, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to reach practical solutions.
Ability to apply disciplined judgment and knowledge to analyze and resolve problems.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-time regular position that works Monday through Friday, generally 8-10 hours per day, with overtime as needed to oversee production. Required to stand up to 2-3 hours at a time while inspecting equipment and production operations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The office environment is typically climate-controlled of 68 F to 72 F and clean, with normal air contaminants, such as dust, typically found in an office environment
- The indoor production environment is climate-controlled of 40 F to 45 F with regular exposure to prolonged noise
- While in the production area, all employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include hair and beard nets, rubber-soled shoes, smocks, hearing protection, and hard hats.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.