Atlantic General Hospital
Do you dream of living and working just minutes from the beach?
This is your chance to be a part of a community hospital and the positive influence we strive to make for the patients we serve. Atlantic General Hospital is searching for a Medicare Collector within our Patient Accounting Department.
- The Medicare Collector is responsible for billing and collection functions in order to resolve claims and obtain timely payments. The ideal candidate will have a strong emphasis in customer service skills, collection experience required and related medical background desired. They must have the ability to organize and manage time effectively while appropriately prioritizing tasks in a fast paced environment. Computer skills required. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Position is Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
At Atlantic General Hospital, we combine the traditional warmth of personalized attention with the expertise of advanced medical care. Our not-for-profit hospital, located in Berlin, MD, was built with the devotion and support of a fiercely dedicated community. We are an independent, community hospital and health system with a focus on improving the health of the community. This keeps us adaptable, focused, and effective in our mission to serve our patients and to keep our community members as healthy as possible.
What sets us apart?
Several factors separate our healthcare organization from others:
- 2016 Most Wired Hospital for IT infrastructure and systems.
- One of 27 hospitals nationally named Most Wired - Advanced for 2017.
- HIMMS Stage 6 Hospital.
- First hospital in the country to join another state s HIE (Delaware Health Information Network).
- Repeat winner of the Stroke Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association.
- Early adopter of the Patient-Centered Medical Home model of care, reaching NCQA Level 2 recognition.
- 2017 Best in Benefits award. Companies ranked by a lowest cost-highest benefit metric to determine the awards.
- Maryland Healthiest Business Gold Award 2016, 2017 and 2018
We ve been serving the community since 1993. We treat patients at our facilities in Worcester County, Maryland, and Sussex County, Delaware. Our tagline care.givers says everything you need to know: Our passion is providing excellence in care, staying at the cutting edge of technology and finding new ways to adapt to our patients needs to serve them better. With multiple specialty centers of care and educational programs available on a consistent basis, we are 100% community focused and patient centered.