On-site Technology Support Specialist
# of Openings:1
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 0 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
GDMS has an immediate opening for anOn-site Technology Support Specialistto join our team. The position provides an opportunity to develop the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's fundamental defense services. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed clients to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions. TheOn-site Technology Support Specialistwill work with collaborative teams to perform technical activities that impact the design and manufacturing of advanced electronic systems. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, theOn-site Technology Support Specialistwill enhance their skill set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The On-site Technology Support Specialist will provide on-site support at a designated customer location to sustain and perform system support task for a real word, real-time, system information data gathering and analysis system. The selected candidate will also interface directly with system users to capture and resolve system performance problems.
On-site Technology Support Engineer's:
- Support tasks require the candidate operate as a member of a larger on-site support team, working collectively with team members to meet the current support scope of the system, while searching for ways to improve our level of support for identified system operational requirements
- MAAS Field Service Representative (FSR) responsible for providing on-site technical support to MAAS exploitation systems
- FSR team member working in conjunction with larger 24x7 on-site FSR support team for system sustainment activities and support
- Work collectively with the broader on-site system sustainment team to ensure our system support procedures promote group thinking and a cohesive support strategy
- Participate in technical meetings and discussions concerning the operational performance and performance reliability of our real world data analysis system
- Research technical disciplines and protocols concerning imagery data sets processed by our system to better understand the data and its relevance to customer mission operational support
- Be a liaison for system users, capturing critical system performance feedback presented by the customer and ensuring that information is presented to engineer management for dissemination to key system stake holders
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS Windows 10/7/XP
- Server 2003-2008R2
- Support the following OS and software: MS Windows 7 and XP Workstations, Windows 2003 and 2008 Server Administration, Active Directory, MAAS (Multi-int Analysis and Archive System), MS Office Suites, Adobe Suites, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Sensor Systems Remote View Pro ELT, Symantec Anti-Virus, Veritas Back-up Exec, Easy CD Creator, Mozilla, and Internet Explorer Web Browsers
- Report information through weekly site communications group meetings, weekly status reports, and monthly logs to team members and GDMS management
- Knowledge of the imagery exploitation life-cycle, and various imagery systems
- A deep understanding of video encoding technology to include MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and H.264 formats
- A understanding of metadata formats leveraged by still and motion imagery data sensors
- Experience managing large scale storage solution to include the terminology associated with library based solutions used to archive video content
- Experience identifying IT System related problems and submitting tickets to request support from Enterprise Architecture Entities
- The ability to prioritize IT problems based on their impacts to mission operations at site
- The ability to articulate IT problems with other team technicians to promote communication and coordination across the hardware and software support team
- Shows a wiliness to work directly with customers face to face to address and resolve system related issues
- Demonstrates a wiliness to provide support to customers in a real world high stress support environment
- Demonstrates good communication skills and uses those skills to gather user information concerning the operational state and performance of our system