Description JOB SUMMARY
The Bistro Server is responsible for preparing food orders and serving meals or beverages to patrons and coordinating kitchen activities by performing various duties.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Presents menu, answers questions and takes food and beverage orders.
* Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
* Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
* Monitors tables in assigned section ensuring all patrons are served.
* Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks sales receipts.
* Clears and cleans tables; resets counters and tables.
* Maintains kitchen and wait station by keeping area tidy and clean and stocks kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
* Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly, and order supplies as needed.
* Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
* Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
* Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
* Other duties as assigned.
Requirements EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
* Three to six months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Depending on the location of the hotel, upon hire, applicants may be required to obtain a "bartender license" through the local municipality. Applicants must be able to pass the municipality's licensing screening process in order to be considered for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
* Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
* Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
* Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
* Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
* Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written.
* Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.