POSITION SUMMARY: The enrichment coordinator works collaboratively with the program coordinators to ensure active engagement for all individuals receiving services during day program hours. The enrichment coordinator conducts/leads recreation classes and therapeutic services in the specialty in which they are credentialed and coordinates other related services and activities to ensure a meaningful, involved day program experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, implement and conduct large and small group, as well as one to one, recreational programs with individuals receiving services which are specific to their area of expertise ensure active engagement for all individuals receiving services during day program hours with a set of diverse recreational activities
- Find, motivate, and encourage individual's participation in programs and activities located throughout the community to augment day programming
- Encourage and provide assistance, including but not limited to finding diverse community groups, ensuring resources are available, and coordinate schedules, to maintain individualized leisure activities for individuals receiving services
- Provide supervision of assigned staff in the areas including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, leadership, coaching, training, performance management, promotion, discipline and termination
- Work with, understand, and comply with terms and conditions of collective bargaining agreements (CBA) within a unionized environment with tasks including but not limited to adherence to scheduling procedures, processing transfers and promotions, administering disciplinary actions, adjudicating grievances, where appropriate, etc.
- Maintain inventory for recreational and leisure activities
- Recruit, train and supervise part time employees in other cultural areas of expertise (i.e . music, dance, art, theater)
- Recruit, assign, and monitor volunteers as they interact with individuals receiving services
- Actively participate in organization wide staff committees by attending and providing meaningful contributions which ensure integrated programming for individuals receiving services
- Work with stakeholders to maximize potential of individuals receiving services and assist individuals to reach goals outlined in individual support plans
- Assist in the completion of monthly activity schedules including community based and in-program recreational and leisure opportunities by creating block schedules and networking with out of agency contacts.
- Cooperate with Elwyn New Jersey and the State of New Jersey Department of Human Services or any other authorized investigating body during an investigation and inspection
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), safety care and medication administration using agency-trained protocols
- Maintain current state-mandated training and certifications
- Follow all current policies and procedures of Elwyn New Jersey and participates and promotes a home-like environment for the individuals
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director, Day Programs
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Parents/guardians, New Jersey Department of Human Services/Division of Development Disabilities (DDD) case manager and other representatives, consultants, supports coordinators, physicians, clinical services, Elwyn staff
- Specialized training in music, art, theater, dance or a related discipline; Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three (3) years' experience working with social, recreational, or therapeutic programs in a health care, school or clinical setting
- Three (3) years' experience working with individuals with autism, intellectual disabilities, and/or diagnoses
- One year (1) experience working with individuals who engage in challenging behavior that can potentially be a barrier to service delivery
- Previous experience working within and managing a unionized workforce preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Most possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent judgment with the ability to independently solve problems and make decisions with little need for direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future needed changes or identify problem areas and take effective actions or make recommendations for change
- Must be able to perform CPR and safe care using agency-trained protocols
- Demonstrated basic experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using/knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) / Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn New Jersey will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn New Jersey reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer Elwyn New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Arc of Camden County, Arc of Salem County, Devereux, Bancroft, JEVS Human Services, Melmark, New Point Behavioral Health Care, Oaks Integrated Care, South Jersey Behavioral Health Resources, Center for Family Services, Bellwether Behavioral Health, Burlington County Community Action Program