Heartland Payment Systems
Territory Sales Manager
Heartland Payment Systems
Compensation: Substantial Comission/LIFETIME Residuals
Are You The Best of the Best?
Integrity. Honesty. Advocacy Resilient. These are the core values of Heartland. If you possess these attributes and are determined to be a high-income earner, personal and financial fulfillment can be earned selling the truth for a company known for its integrity and merchant advocacy. Heartland employs nearly 3,000 dedicated employees throughout the country and provides payments technology services to more than 250,000 merchants nationwide. Exceptional people find an exceptional home here at Heartland. We believe in empowering the sales professional and are the founders of the Sales Professional Bill of Rights (www.spbor.com). Learn more at www.HeartlandPaymentSystems.com/sales-portal.
Territory Sales Manager
We are seeking an honest, competitive, ethical and self-motivated Outside Territory Sales Manager to present business solutions to merchants throughout our area. As a Territory Sales Manager with Heartland, you will work closely with your local Division Manager to set appointments with business owners using phone prospecting, face-to-face prospecting, networking, and referral partner relationships. You will run scheduled appointments, uncover needs and present Heartland solutions to close sales in our target vertical markets (restaurants, retail, medical, lodging, auto repair, salons, etc.). During the training / ramp up period, your local manager will accompany you on your initial appointments to demonstrate our short-cycle sales process using atlas, our groundbreaking iPad CRM platform for lead generation, sales presentations, on the spot client financial analyses and paperless contract processing. You will then have the freedom to set your own work schedule and work primarily from a home office as you enjoy the best compensation and benefits plan in the payments processing industry.
Responsibilities of the Relationship/Territory Manager include:
- Prospecting for and running dynamic sales presentations that highlight the benefits of working with Heartland
- Explaining our value proposition to clients via atlasCRM on your iPad
- Closing sales of our payment processing services (Card Processing, Payroll / HR Outsourscing, Loyalty Marketing)
- Educating merchants and business owners on the payment processing industry
- Upselling current clients on our gift marketing, payroll and other products and services
- Building and leading a team of sales professionals
- Maintaining regular communication with your Territory / Division Manager
This is a W2, full benefits position working primarily from a home office with a majority of time spent in the field. First year relationship managers can expect average earnings of $65,000 - $95,000+ in the form of uncapped commissions. Top performers are in the $150,000+ range. Compensation includes weekly up-front signing bonus commissions paid each Friday, monthly residual income that pays starting the first month, and portfolio equity once vested. Once our Relationship/Territory Managers hit a designated sales production requirement they are what we call "vested" and now "own" the monthly residual. This means the sales manager is paid the monthly residuals as long as their clients are processing with Heartland, whether or not the sales manager is still employed with Heartland. In addition, they have the option to cash out some or all of their monthly residual for 30 times its value as a portfolio buyout (i.e. $1,000 in monthly residuals can be sold back to the company for a $30,000 buyout).
Selling Power magazine named us the #1 service company to sell for over three consecutive years thanks to our compensation, comprehensive 90 day ramp-up period, ongoing training with the Sales Technology Team, guidance from a designated Sales Mentor and support from our local management team. We offer career advancement opportunities that lead to long-term success and growth within our company and tend to promote hard workers quickly. Best of all, you have the freedom to decide when and where you work!
Additional benefits include:
- Semi Annual Incentive Trips for top performers
- Stock options and prizes available for Top Performers
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Healthcare savings account
- Flexible spending, limited purpose spending and dependent care accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Voluntary accident, hospital and serious illness insurance
- 24/7 technical and customer support
- Exclusive endorsements for card, payroll, and loyalty processing from over 250 local and national associations such as the NRA (National Restaurant Association), Restaurant Association of Maryland, Independent Pharmacy Alliance and American Hotel and Lodging Association.
Qualified candidates must possess excellent prospecting, communication, presentation and networking skills and be able to work well independently and as part of a team. Our ideal Outside Sales Representative is an incentive-driven sales hunter with a professional demeanor, impeccable integrity, a high sense of urgency and innate sales talent and aptitude. You must also enjoy cold-calling and speaking with people face to face and be eager to develop your consultative sales skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Awareness, Committed, Driven, Respectful, Resilient - 5 Traits that all Successful Heartland Sales Pros possess.
The Following Experience / History is suggested:
- Hunter type sales mentality / Excellent Prospector
- Experience dealing directly with small to mid-sized, local business owners and decision makers
- Experience closing in a fast sales cycle: 5 - 10 sales per month
- Experience in solution-based sales
- Experience in a performance based compensation model
Additional requirements for the Outside Sales Representative include:
- Previous Top Performer status in an outside sales position
- Proven track record of pipeline development and closing sales
- Ability to pass a background check
- Valid driver s license and auto insurance
- Computer literacy
- Performance based sales background including B2B services, short-cycle sales, outside sales, cold-calling, selling solutions and/or selling to restaurants, retail stores and hospitality businesses preferred
- Membership in a business or merchant association or a networking group a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
Heartland Payment Systems Additional Information
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Industries: Financial Services