COOK Grow your career with MERRILL GARDENS!!
Merrill Gardens, a privately-owned family company with a proud history of success is currently hiring a Cook at Willow Glen , San Jose, CA. Apply now to join one of the most respected senior living operators in the country!
Yes You Can have a meaningful Career!
We offer our employees:
- Highly competitive pay and benefits!
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more!!
- Most evenings off! Our kitchen closes at 7:00! You'll be done by 8:00!
- Daily complimentary meals!
- A rapidly growing company with opportunities for advancement!
- Company sponsored training!
If you are someone with:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Culinary Training Certification or Degree in Culinary Arts, preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in quality food preparation
- The ability to obtain ServSafe Certification as required by local or state agencies (within 60 days)
- Flexibility with schedule and availability to work early morning and evening shifts as well as weekends and holidays
We want to talk with you!
Consider applying to become a Cook with Merrill Gardens!
Our Cooks are responsible for:
- Preparing all food items in a timely fashion.
- Visually inspecting all food to ensure readiness for proper plating.
- Maintaining kitchen sanitation according to safety standards.
- Practicing correct food handling and food storage procedures at all times.
Named Number Six of FORTUNES 50 Best Workplaces for Aging Services!
Merrill Gardens was recognized as 2016 Family Business of the Year!
Our mission is to provide an inspiring environment for our residents, families, and team members where every life is defined by the possibilities.
If you are a team focused individual with a deep commitment to customer service, please start the online application process to become part of the Merrill family!
Merrill Gardens is an Equal Opportunity EmployerJB.0.00.LN