PMA Companies is seeking Remote / Work at Home Senior Claims Adjusters to support new business growth and expansion in our New England region. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company with incredible growth potential.
As a member of our claims team, utilize your knowledge of Workers Compensation and Assigned Risk to independently investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims of a more complex nature in order to achieve appropriate outcomes. In this position, you will administer and resolve high risk claims in a timely manner in accordance with legal statues, policy provisions, and company guidelines.
- Promptly investigate all assigned claims with minimal supervision, including those of a more complex nature
- Determine coverage, compensability, potential for subrogation recovery, and second injury fund (when applicable)
- Alert Supervisor and Special Investigations Unit to potentially suspect claims
- Ensure timely denial or payment of benefits in accordance with jurisdictional requirements
- Establish appropriate reserves with documented rationale, maintain and adjust reserves over the life of the claim to reflect changes in exposure
- Negotiate claims settlements with client approval
- Establish and implement appropriate action plans for case resolution including medical and disability management, litigation management, negotiation and disposition
- Work collaboratively with PMA nurse professionals to develop and execute return to work strategies
- Select and manage service vendors to achieve appropriate balance between allocated expense and loss outcome
- Maintain a working knowledge of jurisdictional requirements and applicable case law for each state serviced
- Demonstrate technical proficiency through timely, consistent execution of best claim practices
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with internal and external parties on a wide variety of claims and account issues
- Provide a high degree of customer service to clients, including face to face interactions during claims reviews, stewardship meetings and similar account-specific sessions
- Authorize treatment based on the practiced protocols established by statute or the PMA Managed Care department
- Assist PMA clients by suggesting panel provider information in accordance with applicable state statutes.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of workers' compensation claims handling experience, assigned risk experience a plus.
- Jurisdictional experience in Massachusetts and/or Connecticut required, additional New England states a plus.
- Claims Adjuster license in respective states, where applicable.
- Extensive knowledge of workers' compensation regulations required.
- Associate in Claims (AIC) Designation or similar professional designation desired.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently and deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate analysis/judgment and sound decision making with focus on attention to details.
- Ability to travel to and work in a local claims office for initial training and orientation period (estimated to be 4-5 weeks) and then as needed for team and/or client meetings.
- Ability to work successfully in a remote work environment while adhering to job and client expectations.