Part-Time & Full- Time available. The barista will be responsible for operating at the Flagstar Bank Flagstar Caf under the We Proudly Serve Starbucks program. The barista will be responsible for creating an outstanding experience for all customers through exceptional customer service. This position will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment that encourages customers to return. The barista will assist the Caf Manager in reach sales and profit goals that are established, including monitoring established quality assurance standards.
Customer Service and Order Fulfillment
- Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs. Take orders of customers and efficiently and accurately prepare and serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or tea. Prepare and serve all ordered foods such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels. Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized as ordered, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients. Process transactions for payment of goods (cash and non-cash transactions) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with all guidelines. Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their experience.
- Complete all assigned tasks and duties during shift to ensure smooth operations of the caf , including but not limited to cleaning of equipment, opening and closing procedures, and maintaining a clean and safe caf .
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
- 1+ year of customer service with 6+months cash handling required, barista experience preferred
- Welcome and establish relationships by getting to know every customer in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening, verbal, and written communication
- Strong sense of customer focus and customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
The job requires significant physical exertion and stamina such as repeated bending, reaching, climbing, or moderate and frequent lifting.
Internal Use Only: K- Hourly