Core and Main
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Provide customized products to customer specifications. Thread pipe to specification. After the entire order is complete, product(s) is packaged to prescribed packing methods.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Examines specifications from the customer's order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Threads work piece as determined by work order specifications.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Packages product for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
Performs simple, routine work. Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment including pipe threaders, bolt threaders, band saws, and metal cutters.
- Experience with pipe thread tolerances.