Mid Coast Parkview Health
Implements an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the individualized interests and the physical, mental, psychosocial, and spiritual well-being of the residents living at all communities of the Mid Coast Senior Health Center. Meaningful, purposeful activity services are provided both on an individual, one-on-one basis as well as in group settings to enrich the lives of residents living at the Senior Health Center.
- Leads and implements individual and group activities to ensure meaningful activities for residents consistently throughout the day, evening and weekend hours ensuring that each resident's needs/interests are respectfully met.
- Assures activity programming includes gross motor, self-care, social, craft, sensory enhancement, outdoor and spiritual activities each week.
- Proficiently implements the activity plan, records participation, evaluates progress toward goals in a written monthly note and adjusts activity plan as needed.
- Communicates regularly with nursing staff regarding resident condition and notifies nursing staff promptly when changes in resident needs are observed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in working with an elderly population.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Ethical reasoning.
- Group leadership skills.
- An interest in engaging residents in a wide variety of activities based on their preferences.