Good Nite Inn
Provides friendly, courteous, and efficient service to guests at front desk, accessing information required to determine appropriate action, and taking action accurately and promptly.
- Using a video display terminal and keyboard, read, interpret, and record from registration document to check-in and check-out guests.
- When information is incomplete or irregular, take appropriate action based on Hotel policy/procedures.
- Respond to guest comments and complaints in a courteous, professional, but expeditious manner.
- Keep front office work stations and lobby area neat, orderly, and stocked with supplies.
- Maintain complete familiarity with all emergency procedures and respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Notify the Manager on Duty of unusual circumstances and situations.
- Know current status of rooms and individual guests.
- Review reservations due to arrive, checking for duplicates, overlooked special requests, and other factors requiring follow up.
*This position may be on a rotating work schedule and may be required to work overtime from time to time, as business operations require.
- Give direction and assistance to anyone who inquires about amenities and services in the Hotel or the area surrounding the Hotel.
- Posting charges and processing payments from guests.
- Operating front desk switchboard, receiving and routing telephone calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally lift computer paper weighing up to 18 pounds to refill printer.
Normal office conditions with low lighting appropriate for constant video terminal work.
- Knowledge, Skills and General Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to establish warm and friendly relationships with guests.
- Demonstrate ability to perform work requiring effectiveness in personal transactions both face to face and on the phone.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively and repeatedly perform precise clerical and cashier functions with high degree of accuracy.
2. Physical Abilities May be required to:
- Stand for long stretches during work time.
- Quickly operate a computer terminal keyboard and a multiple-line telephone console simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Read the computer screen.
- Communicate on the telephone.
- Take notes and messages.
3. Mental Abilities Must be able to:
- Ask questions that will bring forth information needed to make a sound decision.
- Communicate concisely and understandably.
- Shift tasks readily.
- Quickly assess the circumstances surrounding a situation and immediately make decisions.
- Perform multiple cognitive tasks simultaneously.
- Receive negative and emotion-laden feedback calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
- Work independently, with little or no direction from or consultation with Manager/Assistant Manager; and maintain a high degree of productivity, friendliness, and accuracy.
*Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the business. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Previous Guest Services experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.