The Home Depot
The main responsibility of the Customer Service Representative is to provide accurate support for the client, vendor, and all other parties involved. Maintain a positive, flexible outlook, allowing for growth of the organization. Be the face and voice of this company and listen carefully to what the customer is saying while maintaining a polite and helpful attitude. Handle a variety of contacts in a fast-paced customer driven Call Center Environment. Associates are the first point of contact for our Customers and/or Sales Associates via Fax, Email and Calls. You must be able to multi-task while understanding the intricacies of processing orders, returns, complaints, tracking of orders and/or general questions. Customer experience is a top priority and an absolute focus.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40%- Receive incoming calls, faxes or emails to place orders, process returns, answer product questions, provide order status and/or route customer to appropriate Department or Sales Professional.
- 15%- Handle customer complaints utilizing tools, training and problems solving skills as well as de-escalation techniques, conflict resolution skills and professionalism
- 15%- Provide helpful, professional, courteous assistance to all customers (Internal and External).
- 10%- Provide knowledge insight and information about our products by utilizing tools such as catalog and website. Upsells to Customers as designated.
- 20%- Interacts with other departments to resolve billing and shipping issues, and other clerical duties as assigned. Performs special projects as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Customer Service Supervisor. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 2 years of computer service skills and/or Contact Center experience preferred.
- Must be PC literate and be proficient in typing as well as comfortable navigating a computer keyboard
- Must have strong desire to help customers, work well under pressure and maintain a courteous, professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to learn and retain new information.
- Must be flexible with work hours due to service levels and the business needs. Monday - Friday, Holidays and possible weekend shifts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong follow up & problem solving skills