Ponca City Development Authority
*This is an ONSITE Millwright position: 0-10% travel; Located in Ponca City, Oklahoma.
Must be able to install, troubleshoot, repair, and/or replace high speed rotating equipment used in a manufacturing environment. . Equipment encountered will include, but not be limited to, Air Compressors and Dryers, Blowers, Turbines, Generators, Fans, Pumps and Blowers. Must be skilled in the following: millwright, pipefitting, safe use of shop tools, basic machining skills, and proper rigging knowledge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and detailed repair drawings related to chemical process equipment and machinery
- Read process flow diagrams, P&ID s, mechanical drawings and follow mechanical specifications
- Dismantle equipment when required for repair or transportation and reassemble it at the appropriate time
- Using knowledge of various alignment techniques, including laser alignment, without assistance, align and calibrate machinery and equipment parts as required for efficient and safe operation
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools
- Move machinery and equipment, swing hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment including centrifugal pumps, gearboxes, fans, compressors and dryers.
- Interfaces with maintenance or contractors to accept the quality and efficiency of repairs made to units
- Conduct special projects for plant management.
- Working with Reliability Engineer, analyze critical equipment vibration measurements and determine corrective actions as necessary.
- Using knowledge and experience of equipment lubrication, work with the Reliability Engineer to determine the appropriate lubrication frequencies for all rotating equipment.
- High energy level, team player, excellent work ethic, with strong technical skills.
- Able to think and work independently.
- Models Companies Core Values
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma
- Millwright Certification (NCCER Level 4)
- Minimum of 3 years of millwright experience working with air compressors and dryers, blowers, turbines, generators, fans, and pumps in an industrial environment
- Experience installing turbines and generator sets
- Experience with installation and commissioning of rotating equipment
- Extensive knowledge of construction equipment and machinery
- Efficient time-management skills
- Effective communicator.