Community United Child Care Centers
Our mission, "Partnering with families to nurture and educate tomorrow's leaders." Community United Child Care Centers proudly supports over 600 children and 400 families in the Cedar Valley area in the education of our communities' children. We serve children who are 6 weeks old through the summer following the child's 4th-grade year.
Our centers are nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Facilitate the delivery of a well-planned, nurturing, developmentally appropriate learning environment which promotes the emotional, physical, social and intellectual growth and well-being of each child.
- Ability to work independently with children.
- Create plans for daily activities in line with the school curriculum
- Engage with young children in activities that are age-appropriate whilst bearing educational merit
- Foster a positive and healthy learning environment
- Ensure the classroom is kept in a clean and safe condition at all times
- Encourage creative thinking and learning
- Interact with other teachers and administrative staff as needed
- Communicate with parents regarding child development and progress
- Must be currently licensed by the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners with an Early Childhood Education endorsement.
- Ability to work independently with children
- Prior experience working in Child Care
- Up to date immunizations
- Must pass a background check
- Strong knowledge of educational techniques and methods for teaching young children
- Patient and supportive approach to the learning process
- Enthusiastic and encouraging
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and move around for long hours at a time while teaching
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Company match 401(K)
- Discount on child care